Monday, February 18, 2008

A Week Down, 7 More To Go

Fiuh….a week down, but there’s 7 more to go. Nothing much I can explore Philippines since the I live in Makati city which is a business district, so the nearest leisure place was the bay. Yesterday we dine in a restaurant called Aristocrat, maybe just like “Ayam Goreng Ibu Suharti” if it’s in Indonesia, their specialties was “Chicken BBQ” with a Java Sauce. Actually just like Indonesian’s Ayam Bakar with Nasi Kuning but they charged around 187 Peso, and the Java Sauce was actually a ketchup, the chicken was so big not like in Indonesia average chicken.

In the last week, most of the time was spend in the office, I woke up every day 8 am (Philippines Time) and then have a peanut butter sandwich or blubbery sandwich 2 slices and then start to go to shower. The office was maybe 4 or 5 block from the apartment, we go the the office on foot. Every lunch time I always trying a different kind of meals that I cant find in Indonesia, almost all their meals include pork and its not often I can find a vegetables, meat..meat…and meat…Thanks to Mr Ato for providing a kangkong every night. Almost every meals in Phlippines was either to salty or to sweet, but you’ll never find a meals that to hot. Most of the time for dinner we cook…actually Mr Ato that always cook since very hard to find vegetables meal so Mr Ato always cook a kangkong. We always go to our apartment around 8 pm or 9 pm, yeah the projects it’s in a critical status, we already behind the schedules and our PM maybe will move all our programmers from Jakarta to Philippines this week to catch up on the schedule.

Last Friday (15/02/2008) there is a demonstrations in front of our office, I think its about the president of Philippines that too greedy
. They set up a stage and start the demonstrations with a pray, and then starting to sending some of protester to speech about their testimonial about their president. But most of them using tagalong so I cant understand much. When they set the demonstrations I notice that they covering the buses and plant around them with the net and even the spectator the gather behind the buses and plants. Wow how in order they when demonstratic, in my view it’s just like a concert

Check here for the demonstrations its all about here

To bad I still cant upload the pictures, I’ll upload it after I find a decent connections or an internet caffee around here. That’s all for now….i’ll try to update it again next week.


No comments:

Post a Comment